Monday, December 26, 2011

My personal top 10 music video's of 2011

These are my personal to 10 music video's for 2011

1. Marsha Ambrosius - 'Far Away'

I feel in love with this music video when I saw it earlier this year. I was surprised that Marsha tackled such a heavy issue on her debut music video from her debut solo album. The music video tells a very compelling story about assumptions and acceptence.


2. Beyonce - 'Love On Top'

I have always been a fan of the "old school" music and I knew from the first scene that a 80's music video by New Edition was being depicted. As this video goes on it continues to pay homage to several male R&B/Pop groups such as New Edition, Jackson 5, The Temptations, and i am not sure which group the last is supposed to be.


3, Mindless Behavior Ft. Ciara, Tyga and Lil Twist - 'My Girl (Remix)'

These kids really got my attention with this remix to their debut single pulling in heavy hitter Ciara and well known rappers Tyga and Lil Twist. I really like the song and the music video is cool too.


4. Kelly Rowland Ft. Big Sean - 'Lay It On Me'

Kelly is putting on a real sexual look with her third album "Here I Am" and it is apparently working for her. I have noticed that just as several male rappers have half naked females in their music videos, she appears to be doing the same with half naked males. She really seems to have found her niche with the whole grown and sexy thing she is putting on.


5. Chris Brown - 'She Ain't You'

I really like this video that he dedicated to the late Michael Jackson because he also seemed to be having a really good time in this vid. I have not seen him this happy in a long time since the whole Rihanna thing. I also really liked the fact that he featured his good friend Seven from the former girl group Richgirn on both the song and in the music video.


6. Marsha Ambrosius - 'Late Nights & Early Mornings'

Marsha did it again with her second single from her debut solo album. The album's title track also delivers a very powerful message. In all honesty, I was kinda confused until the end of the video and then I was like Oooooo I get it now.


6. Monica - 'Until It's Gone'

I love music video's that tell a story and this was no exception. The music video goes on to show that tomorrow is not promised. She was able to pull actor Brian White in on the video. I think it tells a compelling story.


8. Chris Brown Ft. Busta Rhymes & Lil Wayne - 'Look At Me Now'

This music video is just pure fun. Chris looks like he was just having a good time in this video which overall was a good look for him. The video overall was just a good time.


9. Britney Spears - 'Criminal'

I LOVE this music video just as I LOVE the song. The music video really portrayed a movie involving abuse, betrayal, love, and crime as 2 love struck people meet and one criminal seduces the other in a life of crime. Overall, this plot line would lead to a REALLY good movie.


10. Big Sean Ft. Nicki Minaj - 'Dance (A$$) (Remix)'

This video was really just as expected for me for a party / club heavy track. I did not really notice a point to this music video but I still liked it.

No comments: